Monday, December 14, 2009

SURPRISE!!!


This was a great and very fast weekend! I flew out to surprise my Dad and his wife, Cathy for their birthday. My step-brother, Rich and his wife, Wendy and their two adorable boys, Xavier and Logan also flew out from Washington. We all stayed for about 24 hours. It was quite the surprise...my own father did not even recognize me ;-) I must admit, I guess I am also aging... Above is a picture of my step-sister Tami and my Dad at the party.

And this is Tami and I. We stayed up talking late in to the night about random things, but mostly cooking and recipes and cookies! We had fun and I was sad that the trip was so fast, but it was FUN!!!
This is a picture of Cathy with one of her best friends, Sharon. It was so great to see all of their friends there to surprise them and support them!

The next morning, I got to go out to breakfast with two of my dearest friends in the world! This is one of my best friends, Wendy. Wendy and I have been friends for over 25 years (see, I am getting old!) and I even got to share a very special day with her! Not only were we in eachothers weddings, but I got married on her birthday...so, she can never, ever forget my wedding anniversary!

This is Bret...one of our great friends! Bret and his wife (Maribel a/k/a Jo) used to live in Golden CO and Drew used to stay at their house a lot! Bret and Drew became really close...sometimes Jo and I got a little concerned about how close they became ;-) They used to stay up watching Sportscenter and BS-ing about sports all the time. They are very much alike and pretty much have the same sense of humor. It was a very sad time for us when they moved back to California. Bret and I have also been friends for over 25 years...and even though you can only faintly see it, he is representing wearing the brown and gold Cowboys hat...gotta love him for it!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: